The 2nd house represents family (family lineage, family history, family wealth, family assets). Mercury in 2nd house represents finance, financial management, communication skills, integrity, loyalty, food habits, lifestyle, intelligence, wealth and rationality.
Characteristics of Native of the Mercury in 2nd House in Astrology
- Mercury in the second house is responsible for savings of assets, ability to talk, eating habits, as well as comprehension of things and perspectives, which shows intelligence. The native of the Mercury in the second house becomes materialistic as Mercury loves accumulating wealth. Mercury in the second house gives the ability to speak and apprehension of how much honesty native carries. However, Mercury, with a malefic planet, can provide speech impediment disorder.
- When Mercury comes into the Second House, the native becomes very patriotic about their country, its lineage, its history, and their logic is developed through family history and family lineage. They would carry that intelligence because that’s how their neurotransmitters are programmed. They are often observed to study psychology and history as their majors in higher education.
- The natives of Mercury in the second house are very communicative in their art of public speaking, singing or debating. The native in the business or finance uses intelligence and his calculative side to manifest advantage of the financial world. This interpretation leads the native to be a banker, investment banker, CA, financial analyst, tax collector, or in general, accountant.
- Although, the main motive of natives in the Mercury of the second house is to gain profit or wealth from their self-efforts. Thus, every aspect of their work-life or passion is solely for money and wealth. The native of Mercury in the second house is not a believer of religion, god, or astrology. Still, he perpetuates logic behind every existing thing and studies it thoroughly until he is satisfied.
What does 2nd House Signify in Astrology?
The 2nd House in Astrology signifies family, fixed assets, family business, possessions of valuable things, vocal talent and speaking ability, as the second house represents the throat.
The 2nd house includes married life. This house is also a death inflicting house (Marka House). Marka simply means houses that mentally & physically kill you, and as the 2nd house represents the family, it makes you argue, fight and disagree with people in your family if it is ill in your chart. The negative aspect of such a house can drain any person to death.
The 2nd House represents the family we are born into, that we get immediately after birth. Along with the family, we also get the social status of that family, which determines our financial future to a certain extent. Therefore, wealth is signified too. Physically, the face is part of the body next to the skull. Hence, face, eyes, nose, and mouth are all signified here, and so are eating and speaking, which are done with the mouth. The correspondence with Taurus adds to the signification of wealth and luxuries. This house has the Moon, therefore it is an important house.
What does Mercury represent in Astrology?
Mercury in 2nd House makes a person intelligent, because, in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
Mercury also represents a native’s business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature and love for the marketplace. Mercury in Astrology represents speech. It also governs the logical and intellectual side of the mind, the thinking process that precedes speech, the ability to communicate and anything related to language, whether it’s using symbols, logic, information processing, or connecting with people or things.
Auspicious Results of Mercury in 2nd House in Astrology
- One is healthy and calm, his speech is soft and sweet.
- One may have a mark of a “Tilak” on his forehead or his eyes.
- One will be cultured, talented, liberal, and well-behaved.
- One will be of polite nature.
- One is intelligent.
- One will be skilled at talking and will speak clearly.
- One is a speaker and a philosopher.
- One’s public speeches are powerful and impressive.
- One is law-abiding, knowledgeable, skilled at talking about the shastras, and a poet.
- One’s charitable capacity will be unlimited.
- One will be economical and accumulative.
- One will perform good deeds.
- One will excel at the knowledge of shastras, business, and education.
- One’s working capacity is fast and sharp.
- One will attain a lot of knowledge in the fifteenth year.
- One will be knowledgeable about music.
- One will be endowed with good food.
- One will eat a lot of sweets.
- One is wealthy.
- One will accumulate wealth based on his intellect.
- One will accumulate wealth cleverly and become a millionaire.
- One will be blessed with a spouse and wealth.
- One will make money in the 36th year.
- One will earn wealth suddenly.
- One will regain one’s lost wealth.
- One will earn money through writing, speaking, brokerage and shorthand.
- One generally goes into that profession where reading is important.
- One will be a lawyer by profession.
- Professors, principals, directors, and officers get good salaries.
- One will perform pious deeds and be recognized by the state.
- One is devoted to his father and elders.
- One will be friendly.
Inauspicious Results of Mercury in 2nd House in Astrology
- One with Mercury in 2nd house will always suffer skin ailments.
- One with Mercury in 2nd house will always suffer skin ailments.
- There will be some problems with one’s speech.
- One does not practice what one has learned.
- One’s nature is wicked.
- One will suffer from gastric problems.
- Some inauspicious results are experienced.
Note: The degree of auspiciousness and inauspiciousness will depend upon a complete analysis of the horoscope (birth-chart).
Mercury in 2nd House for Various Ascendants In Astrology
- Mercury in 2nd House for Aries Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Taurus Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Gemini Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Cancer Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Leo Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Virgo Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Libra Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Scorpio Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Sagittarius Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Capricorn Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Aquarius Ascendant
- Mercury in 2nd House for Pisces Ascendant
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Mercury in 2nd House in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report at just ₹99: Click Here.
Get into the zone of virtual reality from the comfort of your home and experience the best gaming, live concerts, films and more! Buy All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset. Click here.